Some QuickBooks users encounter an error when opening QuickBooks Desktop, or the screen may just freeze and not respond to commands. This type of issue is so common. When a user attempts to open QuickBooks Desktop, an error message appears that QuickBooks has stopped working or is not responding. As part of this article, we discussed and reviewed this QuickBooks Desktop problem and shared a few best solutions.
Why does QuickBooks stop working error occur?
If If you are also experiencing such an issue, you might be experiencing it for the following reasons:
- There may be a problem with the length of your company name
- The QBWUSER.INI file may be damaged, corrupt, or missing
- The hard drive is corrupted
- QuickBooks Desktop installation or program files damaged
- It is possible that the Windows OS is damaged
- There is a conflict in some programs
- Error during installation
- Damaged program files
What should I do if QuickBooks is not working or not responding?
QuickBooks not responding/not working is one of the most common issues. To resolve problems that prevent QuickBooks from opening or freezing, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Follow these steps before proceeding:
- Start by restarting your computer
- Open the QuickBooks software now
- Right-click QuickBooks under Start > All Programs
- Open QuickBooks by pressing the Ctrl key
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Refresher tool
- Close QuickBooks at first
- Then, download and save the QuickBooks refresher tool.
- Run QBRefresher by clicking the Run tab.
- Select the Fix my QuickBooks option. Now, the tool will automatically diagnose and fix the issue.
- Verify the issue in QuickBooks.
Read More- How To Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online in 7 Steps
Solution 2: Run Quick Fix my Program in QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, the QuickBooks Tool Hub must be downloaded and installed
- QuickBooks can be closed to accomplish this.
- Then, download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- You should save the file somewhere you can easily access it.
- The next step is to open the downloaded file and double-click it.
- Follow the steps on the screen for installing and agreeing to the terms.
- Once the installation process is complete, double-click the Tool hub icon on your Windows desktop.
- In the tool hub, the user should double-click Program problems.
- Choose the Quick fix my program option
- The tool should be run
- Open the QuickBooks desktop and the company file.
Solution 3: Download and use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Check QB’s installation by downloading this tool
- Save the file to the computer where QuickBooks is installed
- You should close all the applications running on your computer.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool) now.
- After running the tool, restart your system to ensure that the Windows components are updated
In this context, we have discussed all the QuickBooks stopped working errors with the reason behind this error and also provide the best possible solution to tackle this issue. Hope this content will be helpful to you.